More Outreach Ministries
Luther Burbank Elementary School
In 2003 Incarnation “adopted” Luther Burbank, a nearby downtown elementary school. Approximately 80% of the 330 students at Luther Burbank are in economically disadvantaged families, and about 70% are learning English as a second language.
There are many volunteer opportunities:
- Be a classroom aide
- Tutor after school
- Assist with special events like the Book Faire and Harvest Fundraiser
- Work in the Library organizing or checking out books
- Read to children
- Help with music programs/plays/concerts
- Distribute food at school on Thursdays to students and their families
- Bring other skills or experiences you may have
Parishioners can help even if not on the campus.
- Donate school supplies, books, laptops/tablets, musical instruments
- Raise funds for field trips and needed supplies
- Collect “Box Tops for Education,” and bring them to Farlander Hall
- Participate in eScrips programs at local retailers
One of our volunteers shared, “I can’t believe how eager these children are to learn … I know that I receive much more than I give.”
St. Andrew's Food Program
The food program at St. Andrew's Mission in Monte Rio has served people in the Russian River area for over ten years. It offers bags of groceries as well as hot meals on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Vigil Against Gun Violence
From Sandy Hook to Las Vegas to Parkland to Aurora, and too many other places to name, this country is plagued by an epidemic of gun violence unique among developed nations. On March 24, 2019, Incarnation held a special liturgy of prayer, lament, and a call to action, on the one-year anniversary of the March for Our Lives. Featured in the service was Murder of Innocents, a musical piece composed especially for this event by our own Beverly Kinnison and sung by the Alleluia Choir. A forum on gun violence and what we can do followed the service. Read coverage by the Press Democrat
Incarnation parishioners are active in advocacy on a number of issues including the climate crisis, housing, immigration, and more.